Are you interested in moving to a new, hip, active, community-focused ZIP code just an hour north from Los Angeles? Welcome to Calabasas in California. This is a premier L.A. neighborhood well-known for its wealthy residents and estates.
Do not be deceived. This tiny city is much more than what you might have seen on Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Calabasas has a small population of around 25,000 people and beautiful SoCal mountain scenery. This community is home to a diverse mix of homes, excellent schools, and easy access to the beach and hiking trails.
Calabasas values privacy and is often cited as one of the most popular attractions for celebrities. Although the Kardashians are most likely to be the ones who put Calabasas onto the map, other celebrities such as Will Smith, Justin Bieber and Drake call this suburban L.A. home. It’s not surprising that Calabasas is considered one of L.A.’s most affluent neighborhoods, given all the celebrity and exclusivity.
TOP THINGS TO ACTIVATE IN CALABASAS
This small, social community is a great place to enjoy casual outdoor recreation. However, it also loves seeing familiar faces at local restaurants. These are just a few of the top things you can do in Calabasas.
* Shop till you drop. Although we don’t recommend shopping, even if you only browse the windows at Calabasas Commons, it’s worth it. The shopping center is buzzing with live music, fantastic stores, and frequent celebrity sightings.
* Enjoy a feast of the senses at the Calabasas Farmers Market every Saturday. There are stands that display colorful local produce, fresh flowers and delicious bites.
* Play sport with your community. Once a private club Calabasas Tennis and Swim Center has become a popular local hotspot. Here you can participate in classes and have fun with your neighbors.
* Get your legs moving with a view. Locals love to do laps around Lake Calabasas. The lake can only be accessed with a badge. This is usually reserved for residents of the Classic Calabasas area.
* Light up your sky. Stephanie says Fourth of July in Calabasas is a huge event where there are fun runs and even a dog show.